SAILING LESSON REGISTRATION
Online Membership Registration for 2014 will begin in early Spring 2014.
Most sailing lessons are given in Flying Scot boats. The Flying Scot
company has an excellent promotional video, which will given you a basic
understanding of the boat and its operation. We recommed all students
take the time to watch this video as it will enhance your learning
Sailing Lessons - 2-1/2 hours per lesson
Although life vests are available we encourage all sailing students to bring
their own life vest.
- To participate in sailing or rowing lesson sessions or in recreational sailing or other PBCB programs, an individual must be a member or part of a family membership.
- All lessons are held at Jacknife Beach in Chatham.
- Please read our Cancellation Policy.
- Adult Sailing: Adult lessons for beginners and intermediates will be offered Monday to Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Learn the basics and enjoy the sunset on the Bay, or give it your all and learn racing techniques and rules. PBCB boats would be available after a skills review by the sailing master for adults to participate in the Chatham Yacht Club Regatta (early August 2013). ($30 / lesson)
- Youth beginner sailing: Beginners will learn to sail in Flying Scots in groups of 2-4 students with an instructor in the boat. Beginners will focus on basic sailing skills and concepts, learning to control the boat and sails. Students must be 8 years old or older. These lessons will be offered Monday through Friday mornings, and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. ($25 / lesson)
- Youth Intermediates sailing: Intermediate sailing will be offered during the same lesson times as our general youth sailing lessons and will be separate from the beginners, with separate instructors and separate lesson plans. Students will be grouped with other intermediates and will be expected to sail Flying Scots without an instructor in the boat (under most conditions). Students will also learn racing skills and will be introduced to spinnakers. Students interested in this class should indicate this on their applications and should have at least two years of experience. Instructors will have the final say in the placement of students in the intermediate class. ($25 / lesson)
- Adventure sailing: Offered jointly by PBCB and Chatham Yacht Club. This class will meet Monday and Friday afternoons and will focus on learning different approaches to the sport, exploring the Bay, and having other fun sailing adventures. The class will sail in Flying Scots and other boats. Skills taught will include advanced sailing, seamanship, navigation, and other skills. The purpose of this class is to expose students to the wider world of sailing and produce knowledgeable all-around sailors. Students in this class should be 12-18 years old with prior experience and intermediate-level skills. Registration for this class will be for a week at a time. ($30 / lesson)
- 420 sailing – NEW!: A class being offered jointly by PBCB and Chatham Yacht Club for teens looking to learn how to race. This class will meet twice a week. Sign up for a week at a time. ($60 / week)
- Parent/child sailing: PBCB offers the opportunity for parent/child lessons for students ages 6-17. These lessons will be offered in Flying Scots Monday through Thrusday evenings and Saturday Mornings. ($55 / lesson)
- Recreational sailing: Recreational sailing opportunities for PBCB members will be available Monday through Thursday evenings, Saturday mornings, and Sunday afternoons. ($40 - $60 / session)
If you have any questions about this registration process email PBCB at email@example.com.